The warmest of feelings

I remember back then
just the warmest of feelings,
in a timeless embrace
all our ghosts were defeated.

And as we stood by each other
soon we started to part
How was I to know
that you carried such burdens?

All I tried to do
was to take care of you
But no care could ever fix
the permanently damaged.

And all I tried to do
was build ourselves a home
But no building could stand
in a rotten foundation.

And all I tried to do
was to spare us the bloodshed
But all our wounds had been open
for so long, for so long...

So then I cried so much
and from my tears gathered
the current we needed to float apart.

As I stand now on my island
I wave you goodbye.
There you go, cast-away
as you have always wanted.

So I grip myself tight
all alone in my land
And I look, and I'm grateful
for this is what I found:
this is home, this is caring
 these the roots, and the healing.
They were here all along,
just within.
They were here all along,
in my small little temple.



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Nieve y fuego

Como abrazar a los sabios

Los perfumes de Etelvina